The Sea Grant Climate Network invites you to join ICLEI (Local Governments for Sustainability) Adaptation Manager Missy Stults in a demonstration of ADAPT, the interactive Adaptation Database and Planning Tool. ICLEI is an association of over 1200 local government members in 70 countries who are committed to sustainable development. ADAPT is a proprietary tool that has been developed to help communities take actions to prepare for climate change impacts. A couple Sea Grant programs already…See More
NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center announced today that a below-normal hurricane season is most likely for the Eastern Pacific this year. The outlook calls for a 55 percent probability of a below-normal season, a 35 percent probability of a near-normal season and a 10 percent probability of an above-normal season.
New findings reveal that the U.S. shoreline -- from Virginia to Florida -- has been uplifted by more than 210 feet, meaning less ice melted than expected. This is big news for scientists who use the coastline to predict future sea-level rise.
The recent discovery of a bacterium that is able to thrive at minus 15 degrees Celsius, the coldest temperature ever reported for bacterial growth, is exciting because it offers clues about some of the necessary preconditions for microbial life on Mars.